Good afternoon & happy Tuesday! It’s that time of the year again. I’m looking forward to sharing all details for the Nordstrom Sale this year. Although it might look a little different than previous years, I’m here to tell you it’s time to rack up on some of the best deals around. Fall is my favorite season of all and this sale creates the anticipation for cooler weather even more. Currently listening to Taylor Swifts new “folklore” album with a pumpkin candle while typing this. It can’t get more Fall than that lol. So let’s take a look at exactly what the hype is all about for the sale.
Why is there so much hype about the Nordstrom Sale?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is all about reduced fall clothing and here is the best part.. they are all NEW ARRIVALS. Brands like Madewell, Paige, Good American, Free People, Topshop, Sam Edelman, Zella, etc. You name it. So many good quality brands at a reduced price, what more could a girl ask for? BUT, let’s talk about what happens after the sale. Usually when something is marked down it continues to be on “sale” right? Not for Nordstrom. All clothing goes back up to full price after the sale considering they are new arrivals. If you haven’t already figured it out, that’s definitely why there is so much hype! Basically a “get them before the price goes back up” vibe. I usually buy now to wear later because you aren’t able to get these deals anywhere else.
How/When can I shop?
The Nordstrom Early Access starts August 13th, so those who are debit and credit card holders will only be able to access the sale starting that date. If you are able to shop early and are a cardholder then that’s double perks for you because items sell out SO FAST. Some of the top sellers like shoes, denim, & cardigans are the first to go I feel like from experience over previous years. I remember last year, the one thing I was searching for was a pair of tall suede Sam Edelman boots and I was so nervous they were going to sell out. Luckily, I ended up grabbing a pair before they did. I am soooo looking forward to wearing them again this year! If you would like to shop early access I would suggest signing up here. If you can’t shop early the sale goes live to the public August 19th-30th!
Another thing to add..do not go into debt trying to buy everything at once, it’s totally not worth it. Create a budget and make a list of a few things you would need or want for the upcoming fall season! Since I have to use my Nordstrom card for early access I usually set money aside before the sale and immediately pay it off when my statement comes in.
If you can’t shop early access, you can check out the preview of the sale here. I love that Nordstrom is giving a sneak peek this year of the sale!
Fun Tip: check out the preview and save all of your items to your “wish list”. Once it’s time for you to shop you can easily check out without having to go back through everything!
Well I think that’s about as simple as it gets. I will be sharing my top picks below & updating my blog throughout the week for my picks and how to style certain pieces. Be sure to follow me on Instagram + the Like.To.Know.It app for more behind the scenes.
My Top Picks
- Free People Sweater – You guys can probably guess Free People is one of my favorite brands by now. The quality of clothing seems to last years for me. For this brand, I don’t mind spending a few more dollars to end up with a piece of clothing that will last forever! This made it to one of my top picks because I LOVE a soft oversized sweater especially for those chilly fall/winter nights. This sweater was originally $130 but made it down to $85 for the sale. It’s already saved to my wish list! Styled it with a pair of distressed denim & a pair of booties of your choice.
2. Free People Henley Top – Another FP Find. Last year I purchased a few henleys and I have to say those were some of my most worn items in fall/winter of 2019. This one comes in a few other colors too so I might snag it in the white + black. This top is super easy to style with a pair of leggings if you’re going for a casual look but also a pair of denim, fur vest, and tall boots would complete this top as well. This henley was originally $68 but is now on sale for $45.
3. Distressed Denim – A pair of denim was on my go-to list for last year & is on it again in 2020. I usually try to purchase two pairs of denim for the upcoming fall season. Before it gets really cold, I still use jeans as a transition piece to take into the Fall months. Articles of Society has some of the most comfy pairs! I’m still hanging onto the ones I bought last year. Tis pair particular was originally $68 but is now on sale for $49!
4. Moto Jacket – Okay ya’ll if I had to have a splurge item from this years sale this would be it. I still haven’t decided if I’m actually going to buy it yet but it’s such a great staple piece. I’m a huge sucker for neutrals and I an just picture a white beanie with this & a pair of white booties ahhhh. I’ll stop dreaming but it was originally $400 and is now on sale for $250. Love this one for sure!
5. Marc Fisher LTD Booties – These booties were the first item to be added to my wish list. A similar pair was released last year and I never bought them. I was so excited to see them on this years sale. They come in a few other colors as well so if you’re looking for a cream/black bootie, they have them! They are so simple but so sophisticated. This pair was originally $210 but is now on sale for $129.
6. Steve Madden Mules – Let’s talk about mules! LOVE LOVE LOVE this style of shoe. They are the perfect type to carry into the Fall season. If you go back and look at my Instagram from last year, I had sooo many photos in them.While I own a few pair of mules already, this neutral color is on my list this year. They come in black, white, and a few others. They are perfect to pair with denim shorts/sweaters & work pants/blouses. This pair was originally $90 but is now on sale for $50.
7. Ray-Ban Sunglasses – These are a must-have for me this year.My Ray-Bans from high school lasted until about two years ago and finally gave out. Since then, I’ve just been grabbing other brands of sunglasses so to see these babies on sale makes me happy to say the least! They were originally $154 but are now $99 during the sale.
8. Tory Burch Bag – Tory Burch bags have always been a love of mine. I have a couple neutral colored bags as well as a bright pink one. A crossbody bag is super handy when you’re out with your friends or conquering the day! I’m obsessed with this one and it is on MAJOR SALE. It was originally priced at $498 but is now $299. Such a steal for a bag that will last long!
9. Satin Felt Hat– A few hats are acceptable for Fall if you ask me! You can never have too many. I always feel a hat is icing on the cake when styling a fall look & they are always there to save bad hair days lol. This hat was originally $60 but is now on sale for $40.
Hope you all enjoyed my top picks! Be sure to stay up-to-date with me on Instagram + Instagram stories as I navigate through the Nordstrom Sale this year.